Thursday, October 14, 2010

Strange Fruit Tree Man

There is an odd man that frequents our shop.  My dad has some land of his for sale, fruit trees are the only thing on this property and the price is to high in this market for selling.  However, that does not stop this strange man, in his sixties with an assortment of odd Crocodile Dundee style hats in beige with the string haning around his face, coming in daily to discuss his property.  He also always wears bizarre shirts that say random things on them like "Expo 86"  his fashion is of highest quality as he incorporates these shirts, tucked into his chin high pants accompanied by a brown leather belt.  Here is my question, with your pants that high what's with the belt?? Seriously though here was our conversation the other day, or I should clarify his converstaion.  Strange Fruit Tree Man "So, do you like my pants?" (I have to also note at this time that his voice is high pitched simlar to an older Micheal Jackson) I did not have time to answer his question about his beige, pleated, older men's style of pant.  Strange Fruit Tree Man continues "Ya, these pants are great, I just got these pants from the thrift store for a dollar and they are really great for me because i like these types of pants and one dollar is a great deal and these are nice pants because they really suit me and pants like this are hard to find, did you know that? No you didn't" (At this point I was thinking "Dear Sir, I do not care about your hideous beige trousers, nor do I care that they were a steal at a whopping dollar, if I wasn't trapped behind this till I would run into the hills away from you and your rant about pants) But on the outside ofcourse you always stay chipper and say "No, I guess I didn't" the anger slowly builds.....

2 comments: